Friday, March 18, 2011

Make Money Selling Squidoo Lenses

Over at Squidoo you have have heard people mention lens flipping or selling a Squidoo Lens. And I never ever considered selling off my lenses...until this past Christmas when I was struggling to keep 300+ lenses updated. I went through and realized that I had several lenses that I could part with for the right price. So I decided to start offering a few lenses up for sale.

The first thing I did was try to figure out the best way to let people know that I was selling lenses. So I created a Squidoo Lens to promote my products.

Squidoo Lenses For Sale

Then I needed to decide what to sell the lenses for. And it really is up to you how you want to do it. I prefer to uses the Squidoo Lens Valuation Tool as a guide. Again this is only a guide but it gives you a good idea what your lens is worth. Keep in mind a Christmas lens will be worth more in the fall then in the Spring and you also need to consider any affiliate sales that you generate. For example, in the last quarter of the year, I sold well over 100 board games though direct linking with Amazon on my New Board Games Lens. Yet the value according to the valuation tool is 12.74. I will probably never sell this lens but if I did I wouldn't accept less than a few hundred dollars, because that is how much I will make this Christmas on it.

I generally sell off lenses that haven't really aged yet.  I find that with proper keyword research I can generally get a lens indexed within a few days. But unless it is a really hot item it takes several months for me to really see substantial income from that lens. So I may decide to take the cash now by transferring or selling a lens to another lens master. This way I am helping them out as well.

Is Selling lenses right for everyone? No. But it seems to be working for me. I just keep creating new lenses each day and flipping some of the older ones. It is fun and it brings me extra income. Last month I earned an extra $375.00 by flipping my lenses. Which is just really cool.

5 comments:

maria said...

Thanks for the great explanation and the Valuation Tool mention.

I just checked one of my lenses and was shocked how much it was worth.

Poutine

Unknown said...

That's Great Maria!

Virginia Allain said...

I've only sold one lens, but it sounds like I should work on this angle a little more.

Instead of waiting for someone to make an offer to me, I should make a lens with my lenses for sale. Thanks for the idea.

maria said...

Hi Virginia,

That's a great idea. I think you might get more offers that way.

Unknown said...

I agree. It's a great idea. Or maybe create a blog for your lenses that are for sell. I wish you the best of luck.

Search This Blog